Women Around SE Spotlight | Chelsea Hunter

1. Tell us a little bit about who you are (where are you from, family, work, etc)

I was born and raised in Muncie, IN until my junior year of high school when my family relocated to Sanford, NC. I earned my Bachelor’s degree in Christian Counseling at Heritage Bible College in Dunn, NC. I am married to Austin, a current Southeastern student, and we live here in Wake Forest, NC. My passion is to help people from all nations to have the opportunity to become equipped with academic and practical knowledge for effectively sharing the gospel to every nation. This passion for people sharing and receiving the Gospel is why I originally majored in Missions & Evangelism until I decided that the counseling program was a better fit. Now I have the privilege of working in the Student Life Office as the International Student Services Coordinator, which is unbelievably ironic, but such a great and rewarding opportunity to me since I have always had a passion for the nations.

2. If you had a free day and unlimited money, what would you spend your day doing?

I could see myself driving down to the beach with my husband and spending the day there soaking up the sun and going to the different attractions around the area, and maybe getting a nice dinner on the Riverwalk… and let’s not forget dessert from Kilwins.

3. Who is the most influential person in your life?

I would have to say there are two people… my mom and dad. My parents shaped me into who I am today, they nurtured my spiritual growth, and they shaped how I see the world around me. Although my dad passed away a couple of years ago now, he lived out faith until the end of his life. He spread joy through the pain and weakness and he testified to anyone that would listen. My mom has always been supportive and the kindest person I have ever met to this day. If she had nothing, she would still find a way to help and give to others. If you need someone to reach out…don’t worry, she’ll do it, she genuinely cares to see how others are doing. Not only did they influence me individually, together they also had a positive influence on how I view marriage and family.

4. What is one book that you think everyone should have on their bookshelf?

Honestly, I love books, so there are several books I believe everyone should have. However, one that came into my head when I read the question was Bruchko by Bruce Olsen. This story reminds the reader that faith in Christ can make anything possible and can get you through anything…even captivity. Bruce Olson has perfectly modeled having unshakable faith and reaching the unreached.

5. What is a verse that you would consider your “life verse”?

That’s a hard one… Probably Matthew 6:33-34; “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” Because it is a reminder of where my priorities should be and it also reminds me to be content in the season I’m in.

6. What are three words that people would use to describe you?

Smart, Kind, Sarcastic

Share